It was wonderful to have Jeremy Zimmerman, one of the UK’s leading casting directors join us today. He was nominated for an Emmy in 1995 for an ‘Outstanding Individual Achievement Award’. and has worked on some incredible international productions during the last twenty years with a string of notable directors including Ron Howard, Guillermo del Toro and Richard Attenborough. Films. Jeremy has cast to date include Hellboy, Moon, Africa United and Nigh Train to Lisbon.
Even if I do say so myself, the standard of the audition performances was incredibly high. Jeremy was impressed with our actors and said the morning had been delightful, especially as he never knows what to expect when meeting a new group of actors. A huge well done to Rachel Dobell, Gemma Reynolds, Isabella Culver, Max Easton, Matt Betts, Victoria Howell, Sharon Lewes-Lloyd and Tom Ward-Thomas.
Top tips from today's TV & Film Audition session:
- Jeremy emphasised strong show-reels are now a MUST. Even just a couple of minutes of something good he said, but have something.
- Photos should look like you, show your range. Seeing the same photos he saw 5- 10 years ago is off putting.
- Pieces should have emotional variance, don't get stuck on one note.
- Really inhabit the character,
- Feel it don't show it.
- Keep eyes up with the camera.
- No superflous gesturing to indicate emotion
Jeremy Zimmerman will return next year!
Eki Maria, Founder & Director, Artistes Collective